A thread for you to say who you're going to see in concert tonight. If you're going to see someone tomorrow or next week, post it tomorrow or next week.

Tonight I'm going to see:

The Oh Sees

Ty Segal

Mermaids

at the EARL in Atlanta.

Might not stick around for The Oh Sees.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Report back on the Ty Segal set. I really like Melted and am curious as to how he does live.

Report back on the Ty Segal set. I really like Melted and am curious as to how he does live.

Will do.

I saw him last year, and thought he was great. At the time, I had only heard one of his songs. Usually, if I'm not familiar with the music, the concert is underwhelming, but that wasn't the case with his show. He's a very exhuberant performer and his band was rock solid, so the show was a blast.

i'm agonna see the Webber Brothers tomorrow night in Hagerstown, Md.

at a swell b-b-q kinda place.

They've done alot stuff with Ronnie Hawkins.

Americana perhaps?????

i'm excited

Oh my god, this concert was absolutely amazing. Fortunately, Ty had basically the same backing band as last time (different rhythm guitarist, but same drums and bass), and they've gotten even tighter and more confident. You could see and feel the joy coming off the stage. For my money, this is the funnest live show out there right now, and considering how Facebook erupted the next day, I know I'm not alone in thinking that.

Youtube never does anyone justice, but here's one of his songs from the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycgvy319id4

That looks positively face-melting!!!

Thanks for the follow-up!

• 3 weeks later...

Raphael Saadiq in like an hour!!

So fucking jealous.

How was it?

Mike Watt.

I wasn't able to see him on this tour and would love to hear a review or see your photos. Out of selfishness, I'm hoping the Stooges gig will wrap up soon so he can focus on his own projects/tours.

i wasn't covering the show for anyone, just went as a fan (and brought my camera along, as the club allows anyone to bring one), but maybe i'll do a quick writeup along w/ the photos when i get a chance this weekend (still working on a backlog that includes Agalloch, Buffalo Tom and The Joy Formidable).

My friends and I had a chance to shoot the shit w/ Tom Watson before the show, while the 2nd band was playing, and that was a lot of fun. Watt and his band are down-to-earth, genuinely nice people w/ no pretensions. and the show kicked ass. much like OFF!'s new record channels early Flag and Circle Jerks, the new Watt record gets straight to the sound that the Minutemen were doing.

it's funny that in the last 10 days I've seen vets of the 1st wave of punk rock (Wire, as well) and they all still have something relevant and vital to say w/ today's music. uplifting.

Middle Brother tonight at the Echo in LA. I had planned on going but seem to have pick up a case of the hack-out-your-lungs-like-death-is-imminent. Unless I miraculously recover, I think I'll have to pass. Maybe next time. :(